Friday, January 23, 2009
Early Contractions
Well, it has been an interesting couple of days. I woke up Wednesday with cramps that continued all day. I decided to wait to see if I had them the next day before I called the docs since there was no spotting or anything. They of course wanted to see me yesterday to make sure everything was ok. I was not dialated or anything but was having small contractions. They decided to send me to the hospital to get hooked up the monitor and get an IV incase of dehydration. While there the contractions got worse and were about 5 min. apart. They gave me a muscle relaxor to help stop everything and decided to keep me overnight for monitoring (and the beds were horribly uncomfortable). Everything went fine overnight and I only had a couple of contractions this morning so they let me go home. It turns out that I have a UTI with Strep B, so they will put me on antibiotics now and when I go into labor to make sure it isn't passed to the baby. Hopefully it was just the UTI that caused the contractions and once cleared up they will go away. UTI's and dehydration are common causes of preterm labor, so here is to hoping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, Karen! That must have been scary. I hope you're feeling better and that the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and smooth. Get lots of rest!
Post a Comment