Hey Everyone. I thought this would be the easiest way to keep everyone up to date with how I was feeling and doing and anything exciting going on.
As of today, I am 14 weeks and 4 days along (technically the second trimester, so they tell me). We found out we were pregnant on 8/28/08 after only 2 months of trying (to our surprise). After a couple of doctor appointments confirming what we already knew, the fun began.
The first trimester went pretty smoothly. I am one of the lucky ones that only had the occasional queasiness at night, but other than that, nothing out of the ordinary. We have decided to turn the current office into the babies room, so now starts the task of finding a new home for all the crap that has accumulated in there. But as Kendall says, we have plenty of time.
At my last Dr.'s appointment, 11/4/08, they said everything was going well. We listened to the babies heartbeat (rate of 147 for those who believe in the wives tale :)), which is still exciting to hear. I have finally gained 1 pound, which considering the alternative, I consider myself very lucky. The next appointment will be for the ultrasound and hopefully we can find out the sex of the baby. That will be the turning point so I can actually register and start getting gender appropriate items.
3 comments:
Hooray! I'll be checking in regularly. I'm so excited for you both. This is such an exciting time. Congratulations, again!
I am so happy for you! Remember, I always did plan "to be the rich aunt to your kids." Still working on the rich part, but am thrilled that the aunt part is coming soon. Love you both so much, Diane
Yeah...Babies....I'm so excited for you guys to take this journey...it's the best high in the world.
Post a Comment