Thursday, April 23, 2009

Andrik Douglas Stapley

He is here!!! Born at 4/20/09 at 4:50pm after 21 hours of labor.

It all started Sunday at 8pm when my water suddenly broke (thank god not at work!) After that it was off to the hospital. To my dismay, when we got there I was only 1cm, this was going to be a long night. I did end up stalling out at 4cm and had to get pitocin. After that things kept going, but pretty slowly.

I had decided to try to do this all naturally, taking the hypnobirthing classes and everything. All went well until I hit the transition phase. Nothing can really prepare you for that kind of pain. But all is worth it and you end up with a cute little peanut in the end.












Sheri my fantastic birthing coach.



Our first bath



Getting our footprints done



























4 comments:

Kara said...

I'm so excited! I can't wait to see you and meet Andrik! I'll be in Salem May 1-3. Maybe I can head up your way to meet the little guy? : )

Have lots of fun. Don't worry about the dishes and housework, sleep whenever you can, and enjoy this time.

Kara said...

ps: I heard great things about the Hypnobirthing technique and want to get your feedback about it. Ben's sister-in-law did it and had two natural home births. I way applaud your efforts for natural childbirth, especially with Pitocin. I've been told all bets are off with the Pitocin because it makes things so much more intense. Atta-girl!

Sarah said...

Kendall is so cute holding him. He looks like giant.

Aunt Diane said...

He is a precious little guy, and definetely The World's Cutest Nephew! Not that I have any type of bias. :)